Saturday, December 1, 2012

Notre Dame-Alabama: It is Set


Congratulations to the Alabama Crimson Tide for an amazing victory in an amazing game over Georgia. The win gave them the SEC title and earned them a second straight trip to the BCS title game. They of course will play Notre Dame in a game that will feature strength vs. strength. Notre Dame has on of the fiercest fronts in college football while Alabama has relied on the power running game behind that offensive line.

Those of us Notre Dame fans know all too well that haters are going to hate and it will be really bad the next 37 days. Nobody will give the Irish a chance, but that wouldn't be the first time. Looking at this game, I am not saying Notre Dame will win but I like the position they are in.

For them, this has already been a great season and they already accomplished way more than most haters and even fans thought they could this year. Meanwhile the pressure is on Alabama to not only repeat but also to keep the streak going for the SEC. Currently that conference has won six straight.

The other thing I like is I think there are some things that Notre Dame can exploit. First of all, the Crimson Tide will not be able to rush for 350 yards against that Irish front.

I also noticed that their defense relies on an intimidating pass rush. However, Everett Golson has shown that he has great escapeablity and the pressure doesn't seem to bother him. In fact, I was thinking about this watching the SEC game and I don't remember the last time I saw him get sacked.

This will be a great match up and a great experience for Notre Dame, win or lose. I only wish we didn't have to wait 37 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment